If you are interested in partnering with us by becoming a new member of New Life Assembly of God Church, please let us know by indicating your interest in the Message section on the "Contact Us" page.
Please note that the following qualifications are needed as a baseline for becoming a new member:
1. You must have already received salvation through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ.
2. You must have been baptized by immersion in water.
3. You must agree to continue to live a consistent Christian life (Romans 6:4; 8:1-4; 13:13, 14; Ephesians 4:17-32; 5:1, 2, 15; 1 John 1:6,7).
4. You must be tithing regularly according to biblical standards for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.
5. You must accept and agree to live by the 16 Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God (see the "What We Believe" page).
6. You must be at least 16 years of age to become a member.
7. You must have attended New Life Assembly of God Church for at least three consecutive months prior to the date of application for membership.
8. You must agree to being governed by the bylaws of this assembly, and of the Northeast Section of the Pennsylvania District Council of the Assemblies of God.
9. You must agree to serve in some capacity within New Life Assembly of God Church. We have all been uniquely gifted by God with skills and talents that are useful in making disciples and furthering the Kingdom of God.
10. You must agree to attend the mandatory new member’s class.
New Member's Class
If you meet the above qualifications, you will be contacted with details on the next scheduled new member’s class.
Church Board Majority Vote
Once you complete the class, your application will be presented to the church board to determine eligibility and acceptability of membership by majority vote.
New Member Ceremony
Those approved for membership by the church board will be notified and a special ceremony will take place during one of our Sunday services where new members will be presented to the congregation.
New Member Certificate
A membership certificate will be awarded to the new members and their names will then be added to the church membership roll.